Monday, July 22, 2013

Motivation Monday: What Do You Love?

A couple days ago I heard a new phrase that I'd never heard before, but liked at once: You sacrifice for what you love. This brought to mind all the things in my life that I love and I thought about how I sacrifice for each of them. Family, friends, church, and my health were some of the prominent ones.

If you love yourself, you'll sacrifice for yourself. For me, it's easier to sacrifice for friends, family, and church than it is to sacrifice for my health. It's a lot easier to think up excuses for why I should skip my morning workout or why I should eat a quick frozen hot pocket for lunch instead of cutting up veggies for a salad.

Take a few minutes to think about what you love. Hopefully, loving yourself should be right up there near the top of your list. This week, try bring that to mind whenever you're in the middle of a lazy moment and you don't want to spend extra time preparing food or going for a run. You sacrifice for what you love! If loving yourself isn't near the top of that list, I promise that consciously trying to be healthy and treat yourself right for even a week will help bring it up there. I dare you to try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment