Monday, July 29, 2013

Motivation Monday: Healthy?

"Just because you're not sick, doesn't mean you're healthy." I picked up this phrase the other day, possibly from one of the vegan documentaries I've been watching lately. It pretty much sums up everything that I want to convey to people in my normal life that I see eating unhealthily. Not that I'm that annoying friend that nags everyone about what they're eating...or at least I hope I'm not! But it makes me cringe inside when I see people eat fast food for most meals, who are perfectly fine with it because it doesn't make them sick or gain weight or anything. Just because you're not overweight doesn't mean you're healthy! Your body is a machine and, like any machine, needs the proper fuel.Think about what you're putting into your body on a daily basis. Do those foods have the right nutrients to keep your body running well?

If you're that one friend, who is sometimes slightly appalled at the diet of those around you, and who is consciously trying to eat the right foods, keep it up! You're great for sticking it out! When everyone around you isn't living mindfully, be proud that you're choosing a better life for yourself. In the long run, you will be the one better off.

It's easy to get discouraged when you see people around you eating badly and not suffering any ill effects. Don't be! Think of the big picture. What really matters is that you're giving your body the fuel it needs. Take confidence in this knowledge and keep going!





No comments:

Post a Comment