Sunday, October 27, 2013

Soy Sauce Chicken Stir Fry

For dinner last night, I ended up throwing things together in a saucepan. Lately I've been trying to eat more protein, and chicken sounded good, so that became the base of my dish. I recently started the P90x workout series, and the nutrition plan that goes with it recommends a lot of protein in order to build more muscle, so that's been my focus for my diet as of late.

Basically, you could do this with any vegetables and meat you have on hand. If you want a more Asian-tasting dish, you could leave out the tomato and put in some broccoli instead.



Soy Sauce Chicken Stir Fry

Ingredients:
6-7 oz. chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1/4 tsp rice vinegar
1 1/4 tsp soy sauce
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1-2 mushrooms, diced
1 small roma tomato
garlic powder (probably about 1/2 to 1/4 tsp., but I didn't measure)
onions (I used a sprinkling of dehydrated ones, but fresh onions would taste great too. Just add as much as you feel is necessary!)
salt and pepper to taste

1. Cook the chicken in a medium-sized saucepan with 1/2 tsp soy sauce
2. Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic powder, onions, and rest of the soy sauce
3. Cook for 5 or so more minutes, or until peppers are as cooked as you'd like them
4. Add tomato and cook for another 30 seconds or so before removing from heat
5. Add salt and pepper and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment