Monday, July 15, 2013

Motivation Monday!

Happy Monday everyone!

Lately I've been thinking a lot about the whole general subject of healthiness. I read something in either a blog or a book the other day that I've heard before, but not in a while. I was glad to be reminded of it again. What I read was that it's important to remember that healthiness is a journey, not a destination. I love that; it's so true! It's really easy to get caught up in striving to reach certain health or fitness goals that we forget to enjoy the process. Back when I wasn't able to run, I was often frustrated because I felt like I wasn't progressing. I was working toward running a half marathon, and it killed me when my training had to come to a halt. Looking back now, I realize that I have learned a lot from the two and a half months or so without consistently running. I learned lessons that I wouldn't have had the chance to learn if my training had continued normally. Every journey has its ups and downs and stagnant moments. The same goes for trying to be healthy and fit. It's important that we find the happiness and the learning opportunities in the mistakes and the triumphs and the times of little change. Healthiness is a lifestyle; a day-to-day routine. So take pride in the fact that you love yourself enough that you're trying to live in the best way possible for you. It's okay that you're not perfect! Just enjoy the journey!




2 comments:

  1. Your dad told me about your blog! Do you mind if I quote you and put this on my mirror?

    "So take pride in the fact that you love yourself enough that you're trying to live in the best way possible for you."

    Such wisdom!

    xoxo,
    Aunt Jen

    ReplyDelete