Monday, September 2, 2013

Portable Lunches

The start of the new school year means going back to packing a lunch every day. It's not my favorite arrangement; I'd rather spend my lunchtime at home everyday, but that's not quite an option.

This week I set off with a running start, but who knows how long my lunch creativity will last. By the end of the year, I'm usually just throwing things in a brown bag, but for now I'm enjoying making my lunches unique.

I picked up the tupperware container (it's Ziplock brand) at Fred Meyer for about three dollars a week or so ago. It makes it a lot easier to portion-control what I pack, which is nice. I put together my lunch at night, then stick it in the fridge until the morning.

Hopefully you'll find some inspiration in what I packed!

 -Wrap (Flat Out bread, hummus, lettuce, 1 roma tomato, 1 slice ham, cheese)
-1 apple 
-1/4 C blueberries
 
-carrots (they have frost on them because I stuck this container on the top shelf of the refrigerator overnight, and they froze)
-hummus mixed with salsa (to dip the carrots in)

*I had some camera malfunctions, so the picture got cut off on the bottom!
 -quesadilla (black beans, cheese, Flat Out wrap)
-salsa
-pluot

-fruit salad (blueberries, 1 orange, 1 apple, grapes)
-carrots
-Cheerios and peanuts

No comments:

Post a Comment